225 g/8 oz ginger or digestive biscuits
75 g/7 oz butter
675 g/1,5 lb curd cheese or cream cheese (in my dutch translated book it says ‘kwark’)
175g/6 oz caster sugar
Few drops vanilla extract
Chinese gooseberries strawberries or raspberries
1. Preheat over to 150°C/300°F/gas 2. Use butter to grease a round 23 cm/9 inch loose-bottomoed cake tin.
2. Stick biscuits in a freezer bag. Bash with a rolling pin till they’re in fine crumbs. Or blitz in a processor.
3. Melt butter in a pan. Add crumbs. Stir to mix. Tip into the cake tin. Press evenly to cover. firm up in fridge.
4. Tip cheese, caster sugar, eggs, lemon rind, vanilla extract and good squeeze of lemon into processor. Blitz briefly till just smooth.(No machine? Beat together with a wooden spoon.)
5. Pour cheesecake to cover biscuit base. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Turn off oven. Leave cake in there to cool and firm up. Chill for 2 hours at least.
6. Stick fruit in to decorate. Or cover with whipped cream and pile with fruit of choice.
Easy isn’t it? You can find the recipe in Sam Stern’s book “Cooking up a storm” or for the dutch people “Ff cheffen”. All recipes he writes are really easy to make, but also very delicious!
Merry Christmas everyone!
Outfit post will be up later(: