Good day my fellas,
I’m sending heaps of love all the way from Denver, Colorado to wherever place you may be at ♥
I’m currently enjoying life to the fullest, but my journey to get here didn’t happen as smoothly as my mom and I were hoping for. Let’s go back to day 1, Friday June 9th..
My dad came into my room to wake me up, as it was 7:15am, while we were supposed to leave at 7am. Luckily I packed my bags already, so I jumped out of bed, put on my sweatpants and the first shirt I could find, and raced downstairs. My mom however, took all the time she needed to finish her make-up first and make herself some coffee.. Why didn’t I realise any sooner that nobody dislikes hurrying more than my mom does: dammit!
After a couple of traffic jams we finally arrived at the airport. But as soon as we tried checking in, we were told that we needed Canadian visas for our transit in Toronto. They told us that we didn’t need to worry, because this was easily and rapidly done online, so we did. We both immediately received an email back. My mom’s application was approved, but mine needed review first. The gate closed at 9:55am, but they postponed the closing time to 10:05am just in case mine got approved in the remaining time. At 10am I told my mom she really needed to go and that I really didn’t want her to miss her flight, because then she wouldn’t be in time for her medical conference. I planned on taking a direct flight to Denver, so that I would be able to meet her as soon as I got there. We split up our stuff and I waved her goodbye. But then, at 10:07am my phone started buzzing. It was the approvement for my visa!! My mom turned around as she heard me screaming and pretty much begged the check in lady to reopen with success.
You can fill in what happened next I guess. So yeah, here I am now: jetlagged, hurt caused by the long flight, but happier than I’ve ever been these couple of months.
Short recap of the last couple of days:
- I thought it looked a bit chilly outside since 35 degrees Celsius was expected. Turned out the sun hadn’t fully risen yet as it was only 6:30am in the morning and I was just jetlagged.
- I had to delete a bunch of photos because my mom either cuts off my feet or my hands from pictures.. Photos of the floor or sky aren’t infrequent either
- The waitress kept refilling my moms coffee, even if she’d only taken one small sip of it resulting in my mom being confused as whether she had to put extra milk in it as well or not.
- I felt like carrying a body bag for about 6 hours, since my arms got really tired and the bag without handles, was filled with 3 pairs of new shoes. #firstworldproblems
- I ordered an Ice Tea to get some extra sugar/energy in my body, but literally received an Iced Tea. My mom was surprised it wasn’t pre-sugared yet and asked the waitress for one herself now that she’d seen mine. The waitress responded “Yeah well everything’s better when it’s sweetened, innit?” to which my mom answered “No..” resulting in a very awkward but funny situation.
- I got really disappointed in the Denver Art Museum, until I found out there were 6 more levels to visit..
Whoops! #sillyme #sillyli
Kisses & Hugs, XOXO
Twitter | Facebook | Bloglovin’ | Tumblr | Instagram | Weheartit